I heard somebody say the other day that it was “a bad time to get sick”.
That got me to thinking…
- Is there a GOOD TIME to get sick?
- Is there a GOOD TIME to have car trouble?
- Is there a GOOD TIME to have a tree fall on your house?
- Is there a GOOD TIME to break a leg?
- Is there a GOOD TIME to have a major financial problem?
- Is there a GOOD TIME to get bad news?
I would suggest that the answer to all the above questions is NO.
Unhappy and unfortunate situations are going to happen. You cannot control when these things happen so you just need to learn how to deal with them. This is where friends and family become even more important.
I found out a couple of weeks ago that my position that I have been in for over 15 years is being outsourced so the “enterprise can move forward”. As of this day, I have about month left before I become unemployed.
When I found out about this I commented to one of my co-workers, “this is not a good time to get this kind of news.”
I would be a liar if I said I was not a little upset, bitter, and concerned about this turn of events. My strength lies with the support of my family and friends.
I am also encouraged by knowing that when God closes one door, He always opens another.
Now I just need to find that open door…